It has been an amazing year for Arizona artists and AZ based record label Fervor Records. Check out their top 5 moments of 2013 from cofounder and owner Jeff Freundlich of Fervor Records.
5. The film The Frozen Ground, starring Nic Cage and John Cusak, features 7 songs from 5 Arizona artists, all on Fervor Records:
“Hey” by Blue Shoes
“4-3-1″ by The Jetzons
“Real Time” by The Jetzons
“Fightin’ Society” by Loosely Tight
“Let Me Go Crazy” by Loosely Tight
“These Walls Between” by Loosely Tight
“Triumph Over Will” by The Rogues
4. 2013 was the year of film soundtracks for Fervor Records:
Marcus Latief Scott’s Hip Hop anthem, “How U Girlz Git Down”, is featured on The Scary Movie 5 Soundtrack. The song was co-written and produced by Fervor’s secret weapon, John Costello. Stay tuned for a video of the re-mix in 2014!
The soundtrack for Sundance Film Festival favorite, The Spectacular Now, features two songs from Fervor: “Farming Man” by Tennessee River Crooks and “The Riff” by Just Water.Another Sundance favorite, We Are What We Are, features a Fervor Country Classic on the soundtrack. Check out It Was Me That Made Her Bad by Tommy Strange & The Features.
3. Sundawg Media Director, Matty Steinkamp, created amazing videos for a slew of Fervor artists in 2013! A few highlights include The Glass Heroes “You Let Me Down” which was distributed to Apple and Google’s corporate campuses, all Snap Fitness, Crunch Fitness and Olympic Club Fitness locations, as well as a ton of college campus gyms including New York University. Steinkamp also directed numerous Fayuca videos which are in rotation throughout all Applebee’s and TGIFriday locations in Mexico. (Wait until you see what Sundawg Media is cookin’ up for 2014!)
2. Fervor releases Courtney Cotter King’s masterpiece, Rooftops. Courtney’s firm command of melody and variation, intimate vocal delivery and imaginative word play far exceed her 21 years of age. We are all blown away and listen to her album constantly. (Important note: we’ll still be obsessed with this in 2014; it’s not like we hit the obsession reset button)
1. Fayuca releases their Fervor Records debut, Barrio Sideshow to rave reviews. Their video single, “Por Que Seguir”, lands in rotation on MTVu after winning The Freshman.